Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A fashion fun day in Paris

Today, Paris was even nicer than it was yesterday! It was about 70 degrees out and not a cloud in the sky. To take advantage of the nice weather, Alyssa and I went on a thrift shopping adventure on the streets by Bazaar Hotel de la Ville. Although EVERY vintage thrift store is packed to the max (even on a Wednesday afternoon) we managed to have a very successful shopping day. I was able to get a backpack, a scarf, a skirt, cut off shorts, a red striped shirt, and a romper all for just 29 Euro! (picture below) In Paris, this is what we call a steal. If we go to regular stores here (even H&M) the prices are much much more expensive and you probably could get a single romper for 29 euro, so thrifting is definitely the best way to get great (vintage-which is always cool) clothes without maxing out your credit card here in Paris!
Also, since we were already at Bazaar Hotel de la Ville, we decided to walk around Centre Pompidou which is a modern art museum. I've already been to this museum once before and it is super cool. The outside of the museum is also really modern and cool and definitely sticks out with all of the older classic buildings surrounding it.  (picture of me infront of the entrance below)

Also, notice that I am wearing my mom's old DKNY jean jacket. I've seen about a dozen or so people wearing jean jackets in Paris and I've decided that it's making a comeback. It was the perfect jacket for the beautiful weather today and I'm happy that I got to wear it out on the streets of Paris. Who knows, maybe it will be the next big trend?

Bisous, Bisous (kisses)
-Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment