Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Beautiful day in Paris!

Today was a great day to be in Paris! The weather was about 65 (Fahrenheit) and beautifully sunny. Since we only had one class that went until 1:30, a few of us decided to go on a Parisian adventure. We walked from our school through the gardens of Luxembourg, through the 6th arrondissement and then the 7th (wandering somewhat) for a few hours until we could see that the Eiffel Tower was within 45 minutes of a walk. So we decided to go for it since none of us had really gone to the Eiffel Tower yet. We walked through the gardens around there and decided that since it was such a nice day, we would sit down on a bench for another few hours, drink a bit, and just bask in the sun(finally!).



It was a lot of fun, very relaxing, and was a great spot to people watch. After living in Paris, I don't think that I will ever look at fashion the same way again. EVERYONE here is dressed impeccably at ALL times. Just riding the metro in the morning, I see more fashion trends and styles in one train ride than I see in months in Chicago. Everyone has their own take on style and "what's in" and it's all super unique. Almost every girl on the metro (besides myself) are wearing heels at all times. Even after riding the metro everyday for a month, I don't think I have the confidence yet to brave it in heels. It is hard to balance among the hundreds of people already and I don't think that I've built up the core power yet to be able to balance in heels. But possibly one day soon, I'll try to the commute in heels!

Well, tomorrow I don't have any class because my one was cancelled. I think that it is going to be BEAUTIFUL (fingers crossed) again and we are going to hit up some thrift stores by Bazaar Hotel de la Ville. I also have many papers/tests/projects coming up so I need to get a jumpstart on that too!

Bonsoir! (goodnight)!

No comments:

Post a Comment